Interesting bouldering area for problems from 6a to 6c and from 7a to 7c (Fontainebleau grades).
Best time(s) :
Aspect(s) : All Altitude : 850 m
Approach 20 min easy down hill. Kids friendly ? area around the boulders comfortable for young kids.
Between 50 and 100 problems, from 4b to 8b.
Max Height : 8 m.
quartzite, sandstone. Characteristic(s) : overhang , steep wall , vertical . Type(s) of holds : crimps, slopers.
Landing quality : flat ground (1 crash pad needed) or uneven or steep ground (1 crash pad and 1 spotter needed).
Répartition des voies :
All climbers visiting Rocklands must be in possession of the permit to climb on any land and must carry this permit with them at all times:
2. Bury your faeces and carry out your toilet paper. If the ground is too hard to bury your faeces, please carry it out with you and dispose of it in the campsite bins. Poop bags are available for free at De Pakhys. (Animals such as baboons may eat human faeces and could contract diseases such as Tuberculosis and hepatitis, which could prove detrimental to the population)
3. Do not litter.
4. Stick to the allocated paths marked by cairns and as illustrated in the guidebook. Many sensitive plants in the area.
5. No graffiti on rock surfaces.
6. No pof is allowed in Rocklands because of the resin damages.
7. Never climb or touch rock art painted walls (Watch out! some are just 1 centimeter larg).
South Africa, Western Cape, West Coast, Cape Town, Clanwilliam.
1. Zoom in to get all the rock climbing places 200 km around.
: Bouldering : Single pitch : Multi pitches
: Deep water soloing : Differents kind of climbing